Tuesday 2 October 2012

Top ten eyeshadows

Hey guys :)
This is going to be a relatively short post, I just had some time to kill today. So I was thinking of an easy post to do for you and decided to share my top ten eye shadows. 

Number one my most used eye shadow would have to be this very neutral and skin toned colour from shu uemura called Beige 804 , I use this colour practically everyday as a base colour to even out the colour of
my eye lid before adding another colour ontop. 
Shu uemura Beige - £11


 
Number two in my top ten is a colour that I love so much I just wish I wore it more, it's the Bourjois paris intense eyeshadow in Extrait 01, this is a pale gold colour packed with tiny glitter, it gives a gorgeous effect the only thing I would say is do your eyeshadow before the rest of your makeup as there is quite alot of fall out.
Bourjois paris extrait 01 - £6.99



The next one has become one of my favourites just recently, it was one of those I bought and actually forgot I owned until about a month ago, Its the mac cosmetics eyeshadow in Gleam, its a gorgeous gold colour with pinky undertones, this looks gorgeous on tanned skin as a lid colour and even looks good as a highlight colour, I would advise using a primer to help it stay and you do have to pack it on quite heavily to get a high colour pay off.
Mac cosmetics Gleam -£12


And here's another Mac eyeshadow no surprise that there is more then one really, this colour is Sketch and its a deep purple with a small amount of gold shimmer, I love to use this colour when doing a twist on a smokey eye as using purple makes my hazel eyes look greener and the purple smokey eye is less harsh than a full on black one.
Mac cosmetics Sketch -£12

 The colour from this palette that is one of my favourites is the colour in the middle on the left hand side and it is Satin taupe from mac cosmetics, even though this is in a limited edition palette you can buy satin taupe individually, this colour makes a great crease colour but also looks really nice sweeped across the lid as it has a slight silver shimmer to it.
Mac cosmetics Satin taupe- £12



Now the colour that is my favourite from this palette is not actually the one that is touching pan but the one to the left, recently I have really enjoyed doing a gold and brown smokey eye for nights out and this gold is the perfect colour for the lids as it is not to much of a yellowy gold, also these eyeshadows apply so nicely and last all night, The palette is the sleek storm palette and unfortunately I don't know the actual name of this colour. Plus you can not complain about the price of these palettes at £7.99 each you can get a palette of 12 colours for several pounds cheaper then one mac eyeshadow. And they come in so many different colours you could invest in a few and not need to buy any more eyeshadow for quite a while.

Sleek storm palette - £7.99

I think anyone who knows me would know that the Urban decay naked palette would have to be included in my favourites, but four of my favourite eye shadows are actually in this palette. The first is Sin which is the pinky highlight colour on the left, now I prefer this as a highlight over virgin the other highlight in the palette as I find the white colour highlights to harsh and think that the pink toned ones look much more subtle on the eye. The next two colours which are my favourites I like to mix together to use in my crease these are the only two matte colours in the whole palette and they are naked and buck, mixed together they make a gorgeous crease colour which really helps to open up the eye, My last favourite is smog which is the dark shimmery brown on the very right hand side, when wearing minimal make up for lectures or when i'm in a rush in the morning I like to run this along my lash line with an angled brush, it helps to just open up my eye and make my lashes look thicker without being as harsh as using a black liner. It also looks alot more natural and effortless then something like a black liquid liner.

Urban decay Naked palette, sin, naked, buck and smog - £36


Becki x



No comments:

Post a Comment