Thursday 25 October 2012

Hair Flair ...

Hey Guys :)

So I've had loads of work to do for university this week and while getting ready this morning I thought I'd take a little break from work and do a post on how I love doing my hair at the moment. It is a super easy hair style to do and looks great even after sleeping on it and just touching it up slightly.



Now today I'm doing it on freshly washed hair ( I usually prefer doing it on day old hair) so I've some of my  Umberto Giannini salt spray through it to add a bit texture to it. I start by roughly seperating my hair, I just clip up the top layer of my hair so it makes it easier to get the underneath. And don't forget to use your heat protection spray.



 To get this look I'm using one of these wand curlers which you can find everywhere these days. I like to hold the wand pointing downwards this means that the curl is looser at the top and tighter at the bottom  Have a play around with your curler you can get so many different types of waves and curls depending how much hair you use, or the time you leave it for. And this is super helpful for this look, as what I do is take different sizes of hair and vary the curl direction and curl type so it gives it that more messy look.


 So after curling my whole head which doesn't take as long as you would think I end up with something like this where the curls are all quite tight and bouncy still, although I think this looks lovely on some people it's just not the look I'm going for.


 To get it how I like, I just tip my head upside down and run my fingers through the curls to seperate them, I also spray some extra salt spray through my hair to give it more texture, I then set it with either a hairspray or some sort of styling past. And finally I give then ends a quick spray with a shine spray.



So that's the final look, it's pretty quick and easy, and it's great the next day. I just sleep with my hair tied up in a bun then in the morning touch up a few pieces near my face then go, or if you don't want to wear it down the next day, it gives great texture to do a big messy bun with ( a post will be coming soon on how I do a messy bun). 

Becki x


                                                                

1 comment:

  1. I really love this article, I can never get my hair just right when I curl it- I think this will help xx

    ReplyDelete