Sunday 30 September 2012

MAC cream sheen + pearl








Hey guys :)


So this September in the UK ( august in the US) mac brought out a new collection of lip products. The difference with this collection is that mac are actually going to make it part of their permanent line, so there's no need to rush out to get these products and none of that disappointment when your local mac counter sells out.

The collection is not a huge one and is only lip products there are 8 cremesheen lipsticks and 7 cremesheen lip glasses. The lipsticks retail at £14 each and the glosses at £17 . Mac describe the collection as a "shimmering  twist on an instant classic". These are the same formulation as the normal cremesheen lip products apart from the added extra of crushed pearl, which reflect the light beautifully. The names of the products all have an oriental theme to them and the colours of them all seem to be in the same tones of neutrals  pinks and corals, with the added bright orange lipstick in Saigon Summer.

The full cremesheen + pearl collection.

Even though I loved all of the colours in this collection ( which is very rare for me) I only went for the two colours that I thought I would wear the most and that I don't have similar colours too. I also only went for lipsticks rather then the lip glosses as I am going through more of a lipstick phase at the moment, but seen as this collection is permanent I can see me slowly collecting more of these gorgeous colours.

The two colours I went for were Sunny Seoul which is a gorgeous warm mid toned pink and coral bliss which as the name suggests is a coral colour. Both of these work really well for a daytime look with minimal makeup just to brighten up the face, or they work really well with a more heavy smokey eye where you need the lip to be less in your face and more subtle and understated. Overall I have to say I really have fallen in love with these lipsticks the gorgeous colours and the formulation that left my lips feeling soft and moisturised but still had a really good colour pay off.


Left Sunny Seoul,    Right Coral Bliss 

Swatches of both colours Left Sunny Seoul,  Right Coral Bliss

Lips with no product on 



Sunny Seoul on the lips


Coral bliss on the lips


Becki x



No comments:

Post a Comment