Friday 19 October 2012

A little retail therapy

Hey guys :) 

After a long week at university, school. college or work there is nothing better then a little shopping trip to cheer yourself up for the weekend.



I thought I'd show you all my favourite buy of the day and It's this t shirt from topshop (£18)  it is a black  oversized t shirt with rolled up sleeves. This looks great layered with leggings and a denim jacket with a coloured scarf. Or as it is quite a plain t shirt you can afford to go that little bit more bright and bold with your make up.


The next things I picked up from topshop are two things I've had my eye on since the collection came out and they are the Louise Gray lipstick in Mexican wave (£10) and the eyeliner in intensify (£8). I love the packaging on these especially the lipstick its so pretty and girly makes a change from the plain black lipstick packaging of most other lipsticks.



The swatches below are of the above products. The first is the lipstick in Mexican wave it is a bright vibrant shade and the formula is super creamy and goes of beautifully. I original wanted this for my Halloween look but after trying it out I think I may be using it more often then I anticipated. The next is the eye liner it is a bright colbolt blue with lots of very tiny glitter in it, and let me warn you about this now once on and dried this eyeliner does not budge. ( I will be doing a few posts soon of separate make up looks with these products to show how you can use what seem like very bright colours for everyday looks).


I've wanted some new little earrings to wear everyday for a while now but as I my lobes pierced twice I've always been fussy about finding small cute earrings to wear. But when in river island this set caught my eyes and for £10 for 9 pairs of cute little earrings I couldn't really say no. The first sets I've worn are the gold crosses and the peachy coloured gem studs above them.


 Next I took a trip to Boots as I wanted some lashes for my clockwork orange look for Halloween but they had 3 for 2 on lashes so I couldn't refuse the offer to get more lashes. The first set I picked up were the Katy  Perry honey lashes which are a pair I have re bought several times now. Next I thought I would try something new, so I got a pair of the bourjois more volume lashes which I cant wait to try out. The third pair are for my Halloween costume they are from eylure and are quite dramatic and spikey perfect for creating that classic clockwork orange look.


And finally I took a trip to Lush. I picked up a pot of sweetie pie ( one of my old favourites) which is jelly like soap, that you can use straight from the tub but can also freeze. It smells absolutely gorgeous and feels so nice to use in the shower, the scent is a mixture of cherries and coconut but you really have to go into a lush and smell this to understand how great it smells, it also has carrageen seaweed in which is super softening, you can also use this product on your hair. The next thing I decided to pick up was from their Christmas collection and is the Ponche shower gel, now it's really not the sort of sent that you would expect to find in a Christmas collection it's not warm smelling, or spicy or sweet, but very light fresh and citrusy. It is based on a Christmas punch that is drank at mexico at Christmas time, it has freshly squeezed orange juice, plum, cinnamon and even a shot of Tequila in there. I think that this one is a great morning shower gel and will leave anyone feeling refreshed and awake. The only down side is once the Christmas season is gone then so is this until next year.


 So that's just a quick look at a few things I treated myself too this week, I am not posting this to show off or boast about what I went and bought, but I love haul videos and blog posts by other people , I guess because I'm just nosey, so I thought some of you might like to have a little nosey at my buys as well.

Becki x

No comments:

Post a Comment