Wednesday 17 October 2012

colourful Crayola art

Hey guys :)



So this post is a little different to the rest as it's not beauty related but I thought it would be fun to share with you all how I made my melted crayon picture.

There's not really anything too difficult about the technique to do this and it is a relatively cheap way of brightening up a room. The cost overall for this paint was just over £10 pounds the crayons were £1.25 a box and I used 3 boxes, the canvas cost £4 for a pack of 3, and the super glue cost me around £3 and I picked everything up from wilkinsons.

You will need :
- a canvas you can use what ever size you like
- super glue 
- crayons I would advise using real Crayola ones rather then a cheap version from the pound shop as I've heard these don't melt as well.
- a hair dryer.




The first step is to chose what colours you want to use, I used all the bright the colours out of my boxes so I now have a box of browns, blacks and greys left over. Then you want to arrange the crayons how ever yoou want them along the bottom of the canvas, I would advise doing this before you start sticking so you can get it too look just how you like.


Then you want to put some super glue along the crayon, I put it along the opposite side to the Crayola logo so that the logos are always showing on my crayons, then place the crayon on the canvas making sure it's not wonky ( a few of mine were) and you hold it there for a few seconds to make sure that the crayon is not going to budge.



Then leave the glue for an hour or so to make sure that it is really secure then you can start the fun part. I took my canvas outside on a bin bag, you want to make sure that your canvas is stood up and not lay down other wise you will not get that dripping effect. Then just take your hair dryer on it's highest heat but lowest power and start to concentrate the hot air on small sections on the line of crayons, making sure to focus on the tips of the crayons, then when they have melted a little you re melt the drips to make them drip down further the canvas. As I did mine outside and it was a little windy it did blow some of the melted wax about but I do quite like the effect it gives.




Becki x



No comments:

Post a Comment