Sunday 28 October 2012

Winter lip care ...



Hey Guys :) 

                             

So if you're in the UK right now, you'll know how cold it seems to have gotten over the past week so that means it's time to start taking care of those lips of your's to avoid months of dry, sore and chapped lips. So I thought I would give you a helping hand, so here's my favourite lips products for winter, and this post has come at a perfect time for you as at the moment lip products like these are on 3 for 2 at boots.

Nivea lip butter in Raspberry rose - £2.25
This first product is a pretty new one for me, but I have to say I love this so much. Unlike most other lip balms it is not petroleum based, so is completely different to everything else I own. It really is more like the texture of a body butter ( like the name would suggest) it is super moisturising and I don't have to keep reapplying about 20 times a day literally just a few times is fine and another plus is that this product smells amazing. I have mine in the raspberry scent but they do a caramel one, a vanilla and one with no scent at all, and I have to admit I am very tempted to get the whole collection that's how much I am in love with it.

Vaseline lip therapy - £1.99

The vaseline lip therapy is my next winter saver, now I'm pretty sure you have all either heard of this or owned one of these little tins at one point, I love it in the rosy lips as it adds a slight pink tint to your lips. It soothes chapped lips immediately and I also love to put a thick layer of this one before I go to bed in the winter to keep my lips hydrated.



Nivea hydro care - £2.03

This next one is a pretty basic product but works wonders when your lips are super dry and sore, it's the Nivea hydro care lip balm.  This is a scent free spf 10 lip balm which is made with pure water and aloe vera to provide long lasting intensive moisture. The other think I love about this product is how fast it is absorbed into your lips, and has a soft lightweight feel when on your lips.

Balmi in mint- £4.99

Now this final winter lip saver is slowly becoming one of my all time favourites. It's the balmi lip balm in the mint flavour people either love or hate mint lip products and personally I love them and this one even  more so as it what they call an added tingle. Now these come in the cutest little packages ever they are like a round little ball and have a little  string attached so you can attach them to things such as keys or a zip on a bag. These are super moisturising and are spf15 and protect from both uva and uvb rays. They come in five flavours, mint, raspberry, coconut, strawberry and blackcurrant.

So hopefully this has helped you get an idea of some great but affordable lip products to save you from a winter a sore, dry and chapped lips.

Becki x




4 comments:

  1. My lips get addicted to vaseline this time of year and I have to use it or my lips get really red and sore :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely, just followed you via bloglovin but can't find the GFC link? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey :) yeah I was having a bit of a blonde moment and couldn't work out how to get it but its up there now :) xxx

      Delete