Tuesday 18 June 2013

Selena Gomez makeup tutorial ...

Hey guys :)

I have another makeup tutorial for you today, and it's the look that Selena Gomez is wearing in her music video for come and get it, when I saw this video the other day for the first time, I couldn't stop staring at how good her makeup looked and I thought I'd show you how to get a look just like hers. I have to say this isn't a look that I would usually go for, I don't tend to go this heavy and dark with eye makeup and I wouldn't be brave enough to wear this out with the really bold lip, but I actually did I enjoy doing this look.


(A little note before we start don't take notice of my eye brows I'm trying to grow them out a bit so I can go get them re shaped soon, so sorry about the messy brows. )


For my face I used my Rimmel fix and perfect primer, then some of my Revlon photo ready BB cream, as I thought a full coverage foundation would look way to heavy for this look, I then concealed my blemishes and the redness around my nose with my Collection lasting perfection concealer, and just brightened under my eyes with their brightening concealer, I then set everything with a lose powder, and lastly I added a bit of a bronze highlighter to my cheek bones using my MACs mineralize skin finish in Semi-precious goldstone.



 So as always I started with a primer on my lids to keep the shadows in place, this is really important especially when doing a heavy eye like this one. I used MAC's paint pot in painterly.



Then I took woodwinked from MAC which is a gorgeous gold colour, I patted this all over my lid then took a fluffy brush and blended it out at the crease, what is great about this eye shadow is when you blend it the gold shimmer blends away and your left with a brown colour, so it's great for using on the lid and crease as you only need one colour.




Then I took the matte black from my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and patted it onto the outer corner of my eyes, take your time with this and build up the colour slowly, don't go in to heavy handed with the black and keep blending with a seperate clean brush, remember you want this to be a smokey eye look.



 Next I took my black gel eyeliner in black track from MAC on a very fine brush and just lined my lash line and created a small flick, this doesn't have to be super neat as I'm going to go back over it and smoke it out with a black eyeshadow.


I took an angled brush and the same black eyeshadow that I used before and went over the liner and made the flick thicker and larger with the eyeshadow, by using eyeshadow over the liner it makes the line a lot softer and more smokey.




Then I just lined the water line of my eyes with a black liner for this I used Perversion from Urban decay, I love their eyeliners , they are super easy to work with and really pigmented and last all day, I also ran a little bit of the black eyeshadow under my lashes, then added lots and lots of mascara for this look I used Maybeline colossal volume express the smokey eyes addition.





 And that's the eyes done, now at this point I would usually just add a nude lipstick to keep all the focus on the eyes like I'm wearing in the picture below. But I am recreating a look, so lets move onto adding a really bold lip.

The lip colour Selena has in the video is a very bright orange toned red, so I used my Maybeline colour sensation in neon red from their vivid collection, this is a lovely bright neon red with an orange under tone, which was perfect for this look.


 Now just add some waves to your hair using a straightener and that is the Selena Gomez come and get it look finished.



 Hope you enjoyed this look and I'll leave the link the video that gave me the inspiration for this look, if there are any other looks you want me to try to recreate feel free to leave me a comment below and I'll see what I can do.

Link to Selena Gomez -Come and get it- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-D1EB74Ckg

Becki x

1 comment:

  1. That lip color looks really good on you!! Great post!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete