Saturday 10 August 2013

Dramatic eye, using Zodiac moondust from urban decay

Hey Guys :)




Last week I put up a review of Urban decay's Moondust shadows, so I thought I would put up a tutorial using one of the shadows, and after thinking about it for a while I decided to do a really dramatic eye look using the moondust in Zodiac. Now this is a very dramatic eye so it's probably not an everyday eye ( unless you can pull off something this dramatic in the day then go for it) and for alot of people this may be even to dramatic for a night time look, but you could you always tone it down a bit and adapt it to what best suits you.

First things first put plenty of moisturiser on, this is going to be a heavy look and a lot of makeup, so trust me your skin will thank you for putting on the moisturiser, also leave you foundation until after you have finished your eyes there will be a lot of fall out that you will want to clean up before doing your foundation and concealer.

As you are working with dark eyeshadows its best to use an eye primer, this will help the colour really stick, stop it creasing and help it last all night, I used my trusty Urban decay eye shadow primer. If you don't have an eye primer you can always put a little bit of concealer on the eye lid instead.



The next step might sound a little strange but you need to take some sticky tape, first just stick it on the back of your hand a few times to take off some of the stickiness, then place it at the side of your eye where you want the bottom of your flick to be, make sure it is straight and stuck down well.

                                       

Now take a black eye liner this could be a pencil or liquid and roughly outline the shape you want your eyeshadow to be in, this doesn't need to be neat as you will be covering it all up with eyeshadow, this is the part where you can tone this look down a little by doing a smaller flick. This is also the time to get the flick looking even , now I do struggle with this as one as my eyebrows lies lower then the other, but just get them as even as possible or until you are happy with them.

                                     
                               
                                       
                                      
                                     

Take a matte black eyeshadow and fill in the shape that you have drawn, make sure that is completely covered and is the shape you want, then you can remove the tape, and you will see that it really helped to create a super straight crisp line.

                                     

 

 

Now for the fun part, it's time to add the super shimmery and glittery zodiac shadow, I started adding it on with a brush but it wasn't going on as heavy as I wanted so instead I have found that these shadows work better when using your fingers, so press it on with your finger and if you go outside the line of the flick take a makeup wipe or cotton bud and clean it up.




To finish off the eyes take a black liner and line the water line, then add lots of mascara you need your lashes to stand out, so I used three mascaras to achieve really dramatic dark lashes.





Then for the face, I used my MAC studio fix foundation as it has great covereage and gives the skin a flawless look, I then added quite a strong contour to my cheek bones then added a highlight on top.




To finish off the look I used a really pale nude lipstick called fawn from topshop, you want to keep the lips nude as you want all the attention on your eyes.




  Here are some close ups of my eyes finished, and so pictures of the finished look.






 Becki x

3 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous look, but LOL, the tape on the face thing is such a good idea, but so odd. I like the finished look :) And live the neutral lipstick. New follower :) x

    Lilie
    mintcandylilies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it is a little odd but works really well to help get a super clean line :)

      Delete
  2. I love Urban Decay and I love that shadow you used on your eyes. Very pretty :)

    Mia ♡ Une Jolie Vie

    ReplyDelete